Food Safety PDF
|Author||Paul L Knechtges|
|File size||2.7 MB|
|Category||Free Medical Books,Nutrition|
Download the Book
Written from a “farm-to-fork” perspective, Food Safety: Theory and Practice provides a comprehensive overview of food safety and discusses the biological, chemical, and physical agents of foodborne diseases. Early chapters introduce students to the history and fundamental principles of food safety. Later chapters provide an overview of the risk and hazard analysis of different foods and the important advances in technology that have become indispensable in controlling hazards in the modern food industry.
The text covers critically important topics and organizes them in a manner to facilitate learning for those who are, or who may become, food safety professionals.
• Risk and hazard analysis of goods
• The prevention of foodborne illnesses and diseases
• Safety management of the food supply
• Food safety laws, regulations, enforcement, and responsibilities
• The pivotal role of food sanitation/safety inspectors
PowerPoint Presentations, Test Bank, and an Instructor’s Manual, are available as free downloads.