Handbook of Orthognathic Treatment PDF
|File size||38.31 MB|
|Category||Dentistry,Free Medical Books,Orthodontics|
Download the Book
This handbook provides a short, contemporary text on the management of dentofacial deformities. The importance of a well organised, inter-disciplinary approach is emphasised throughout and the following key areas are presented:
- A detailed account of the role of the psychologist, from initial assessment through to post-operative support.
- A systematic approach to dentofacial assessment, including a section on diagnostic records and an overview of cephalometry.
- A logical step-by-step approach to treatment planning, emphasising the interactive thought process required when setting orthodontic and surgical objectives.
- The fundamentals of surgical orthodontics, with the scope and limitations of orthodontic appliances clearly explained for each phase of treatment.
- A description of orthognathic technical procedures and how potential errors can be minimised in order to improve the accuracy of model surgery.
- An account of how to carry out photo-cephalometric profile prediction planning, including a critique of the method.
- A detailed description of the full range of mandibular and maxillary orthognathic surgical procedures, including indications and complications.
- A chapter on higher-level osteotomies for the treatment of more severe craniofacial abnormalities is included for completeness.
- A series of six contrasting case studies.
There is an emphasis on the technological advances that are rapidly enabling the global paradigm shift from 2D to 3D planning.
Meta Keywords: Handbook of Orthognathic Treatment PDF, Handbook of Orthognathic Treatment PDF Free Download, Handbook of Orthognathic Treatment PDF Ebook, free medical books, medical, medical books free download, medical books, free medical, medical dental books, nursing books, free ebook download, medical textbook, books for medical students