Manual of Pediatric Anesthesia PDF
|Author||Jerrold Lerman MD|
|File size||7.9 MB|
|Category||Anaesthesiology,Free Medical Books,Pediatrics|
Download the Book
The new edition of Manual of Pediatric Anesthesia, by Drs. Lerman, Coté & Steward, summarizes the principles of pediatric anesthesia and details important management considerations for a wide variety of conditions. Thoroughly updated and expanded, it reflects the latest research on new drugs and techniques to keep you absolutely up to date. Covering everything from chronic and acute pain through the pathophysiology of surgical disease to endoscopic procedures, you’ll find exactly what you need to safely and effective administer anesthesia to your pediatric patients. Also, it’s handy, pocket size is perfect for quick reference and review.
• Discusses anesthetics and procedures outside of the operating room.
• Explores the issue of anxiety and the parent/child/anesthesiologist relationship.
• Provides more tables and algorithms for at-a-glance guidance.
• Presents an index of syndromes and conditions and their implications for the anesthesiologist.
• Includes appendices on drug dosages and growth curves.
• Uses a consistent format throughout that makes reference easy.
• Includes the latest information on recently introduced drugs used in pediatric anesthesia to keep you up to date on dosing and adverse reactions.
• Features new chapters on Anesthetic Implications of Syndromes and Unusual Disorders and Cardiopulmonary and Neonatal Resuscitation to help you prepare for the challenges you face.
• Presents expanded coverage of complex surgical conditions, including minimally invasive techniques.
• Covers today’s advances in sedation and intraoperative and postoperative pain management for the latest perspectives on the controversial topic of pediatric pain management.