You CAN Teach Med-Surg Nursing!: The Authoritative Guide and Toolkit for the Medical-Surgical Nursing Clinical… PDF
|Author||Mary Miller RN MSN CCRN|
|File size||4.4 MB|
|Category||Free Medical Books,Nursing|
Download the Book
“This guide and resource will give you all the direction and resources you need to perform in the role of a medical-surgical clinical instructor√ñInstructors will discover this book takes the work out of working in the clinical area.”
This is the first comprehensive resource for clinical medical-surgical nursing instructors responsible for guiding students through their entire clinical rotation. Filling a huge gap in resources for instructors required to teach this course, it contains everything the new or adjunct instructor needs to teach expertly and confidently. The guide describes the role of medical-surgical instructor and provides an introduction to the clinical site. It features a week-by-week instructional plan for the clinical rotation and includes all materials necessary to effectively perform administrative leadership and supervision, assess students’ knowledge and learning styles, maximize the learning process, simplify evaluation, and help ensure a smooth transition to clinical practice.
Brimming with helpful information, the guide will be a welcome companion to both experienced and novice medical-nursing instructors with its organizational teaching templates, teaching and learning resources, and evaluation materials. These include a course syllabus, comprehensive skills checklist, medication guidelines, resources for patient teaching, pre-and post-conference expectations and activities; even make-up assignments for students who miss a clinical class. Clinical instruction materials such as PowerPoints and simulation scenarios,are provided. Additionally, the book contains quizzes with answers, discussion questions, critical thinking exercises, and interactive student activities.
- Comprises the first complete resource for successfully guiding students through their clinical rotations from start to finish
- Helps to allay the “fear factor” for new and adjunct clinical nursing instructors
- Provides a week-by-week instructional guide that includes organizational teaching templates, teaching and learning resources, and evaluation aids
- Includes numerous forms and templates to facilitate administrative responsibilities, student assessment, and student evaluation
- Organizes key clinical information by body system and includes multiple interactive teaching tools