Orthopaedic Oncology PDF: Diagnosis and Treatment
|Author||Ernest U. Conrad|
|File size||7.02 MB|
|Category||Free Medical Books,Oncology,Orthopaedic|
Orthopaedic Oncology: Diagnosis and Treatment is a complete reference for handling the full range of musculoskeletal tumors frequently encountered in the clinical setting, from osseous tumors in the upper extremity, to soft-tissue tumors of the pelvis. The first section presents the principles of initial assessment, guiding the clinician through key questions for developing the differential diagnosis and selecting the imaging modality and surgical technique. The second part of this book presents sarcoma case reports that cover tumor pathologies in different anatomic locations. Each case report contains succinct descriptions of presenting history, differential diagnosis, anatomic and imaging issues, biopsy techniques, pathologic diagnosis and grading, treatment options, surgical details, preferred treatment, pearls, and pitfalls.
- A comprehensive collection of cases presented according to anatomic location
- Special emphasis on the significance of a tumor’s initial presentation and its implications for surgical treatment
- Clinical insights for tailoring treatment plans to the patient’s particular condition, such as determining when neoadjuvant chemotherapy and adjuvant chemotherapy are indicated
- Current information about the use of positron emission tomography (PET) for tumor grading
- Recommendations for avoiding complications and managing potential pitfalls
- More than 300 images and illustrations that demonstrate key concepts
This book is an indispensable resource for orthopedists, oncologists, as well as radiologists and pathology specialists treating patients with bone and soft-tissue tumors.
Orthopaedic Oncology PDF, Orthopaedic Oncology PDF Free Download, Orthopaedic Oncology PDF Ebook,