Ethical Competence in Nursing Practice PDF
This is a unique, innovative professional nursing ethics textbook designed specifically for all practicing nurses and to meet the educational needs of all nursing students, including RN to BSN and RN to MSN students. Written by experts in the field, it discusses ethical concepts relevant to the registered nurse who has practiced for several years but is learning higher level concepts and applications. This text addresses different areas of professional practice and is rich with case studies illustrating the need for ethical competence and decision making. The book fulfills the necessary criteria for the AACN Essentials for Baccalaureate Education and the QSEN and IOM competencies. It also integrates relevant provisions and statements from the revised Code for Nurses (ANA, 2015).
Clear and concise, the text relates content to the nurse’s current practice and introduces a framework for the development of ethical competence, from recognition of an ethical situation to implementation of a justifiable action. A decision-making model that includes elements of care and virtue ethics is also included. Essential communication and conflict skills are addressed, in addition to the role of the ethics committee and ethics consultation. The book discusses common ethical issues likely to be encountered, how to recognize and address moral distress, and ethical practice as it relates to research, quality, and safety. Case studies that incorporate evidence-informed research provide the opportunity to develop ethical skills and apply decisionmaking principles. Relevant QSEN competencies and provisions and statements from the ANA’s revised Code for Nurses (2015) are featured in each chapter. Interactive exercises and questions and PowerPoints provide further opportunity for critical thinking.
- Addresses the specific needs of practicing nurses and students in the RN to BSN and RN to MSN courses
- Fulfills AACN Essentials, IOM competencies, and QSEN KSAs
- Integrates relevant provisions and statements from the revised Code for Nurses (ANA, 2015)
- Builds upon previous practice experience
- Discusses ethical competence in a variety of practice environments
- Includes case studies to apply ethical competencies
- Ethical Competence in Nursing Practice PDF Free Download,
- Ethical Competence in Nursing Practice Free Ebook,
- Ethical Competence in Nursing Practice PDF