Manual of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Ecmo in the ICU PDF
Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) is a procedure that uses a machine to take over the work of the lungs and sometimes the heart. The system provides heart-lung bypass support using a pump to circulate blood through an artificial lung back into the bloodstream, providing enough oxygen to the patient, whilst allowing time for the lungs and heart to rest or heal during or after serious illness. ECMO is often used for babies, but can also be used for children and adults (Medline Plus).The techniques for ECMO require professionals from multidisciplinary background to be involved in the procedure.
This practical manual is a comprehensive guide to ECMO. Divided into eleven sections, the book begins with an introduction to the procedure and equipment. The following sections provide step by step discussion on initiation, maintenance of support and monitoring, and techniques of ECMO for different case scenarios.
The final sections present multiple choice questions for self assessment and extensive appendices.
- Comprehensive guide to Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Highly relevant for intensivists, anaesthesiologists, surgeons, paediatricians and cardiologists
- Includes section of multiple choice questions for self assessment
- More than 186 full colour images and illustrations
- Manual of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Ecmo in the ICU PDF Free Download,
- Manual of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Ecmo in the ICU Free Ebook,
- Manual of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Ecmo in the ICU PDF