Meningiomas of the Skull Base PDF
Meningiomas, the second most frequent of intracranial tumors, are characterized by a protean range of possible locations and appearances, due to their origin from the extensive and intricately formed meninges. As such, a wide variety of differential diagnoses is typical, and the therapies chosen are necessarily highly variable.
The introductory chapters of this book cover the pathology of these tumors, the evolution of special surgical methods, instrumentation, intraoperative monitoring, and the role of radiosurgery. Ten surgical chapters cover the individual regions of occurrence, including the sphenoid wing, olfactory groove, cerebellopontine angle, etc., all of which require a specialized approach and therapeutic strategy.
- Discussion of pathology and therapy organized by anatomic location of the lesions with the goal of providing best patient outcomes
- New WHO meningioma classification system based on most recent research in growth patterns, gene sequencing, and molecular patterns of development
- Important updates on the newest developments in treatment modalities for meningioma, including the lesser invasive radiotherapy and radiosurgery for the smaller lesions and to avoid the necessity of performing radical surgery
Meningiomas of the Skull Base: Treatment Nuances in Contemporary Neurosurgery is an essential reference guide for neurosurgeons and neurologists (in training and in practice) and will also be welcomed by skull base surgeons and otolaryngologists.
- Meningiomas of the Skull Base PDF Free Download,
- Meningiomas of the Skull Base Free Ebook,
- Meningiomas of the Skull Base PDF