Tropical Diseases A Practical Guide for Medical Practitioners PDF
Tropical Diseases outlines the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases encountered in developing regions—areas where the unexpected can occur and where Western medical capabilities are often unavailable. Taking a pragmatic approach, it is an invaluable reference and resource for medical professionals and students travelling abroad or working in unfamiliar terrain.
Diseases profiled here include a brief historical background, main signs and symptoms, and practical methods of individual prevention and treatment. Additional features include:
– Over 60 maps depicting the geographic origins and modern distribution of tropical diseases
– A classification scheme for parasitic diseases according to the location of the final parasitic stage in the human body
– Clinical case studies
For the new or experienced health care provider, Tropical Diseases is a handy, practical guide to treating and avoiding disease in any environment.
Yann Meunier is the CEO of HealthConnect International Inc, a healthcare consulting company based in Silicon Valley, CA, and Advisor in the Medscholars Research Fellowships Program at Stanford University School of Medicine. He is honorary member of the Brazilian Academy of Medicine, associate member of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore, member of the International Academy of Fellows and Associates, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and fellow of the Australasian College of Tropical Medicine. He received his Tropical Medicine specialty degree from the university Paris VI and was consultant in Tropical Medicine at the Pitié-Salpêtrière in Paris. He has practiced medicine for many years in Africa, Asia, Oceania and South America.
- Tropical Diseases A Practical Guide for Medical Practitioners PDF Free Download,
- Tropical Diseases A Practical Guide for Medical Practitioners Free Ebook,
- Tropical Diseases A Practical Guide for Medical Practitioners PDF