Handbook of Nutrition and Food PDF
The new edition of the Handbook of Nutrition and Food follows the format of the bestselling earlier editions, providing a reference guide for many of the issues on health and well being that are affected by nutrition. Completely revised, the third edition contains 20 new chapters, 50 percent new figures, and updates to most of the previously existing chapters. Part I is devoted to food, including its composition, constituents, labeling, and analysis. There is also a chapter on the laws that regulate food and its protection.
Part II focuses on nutrition as a science, covering basic terminology, nutritional biochemistry, nutrition and genetics, food intake regulation, and micronutrients. This section also includes a chapter on the nutritional needs of nonhuman species and a chapter on finding mouse models for human disease studies. Part III discusses the nutrient needs of humans, from infants to older adults, as well as needs under special circumstances, such as elite athletes, vegetarians, and space travelers. Part IV addresses assessment of nutrient intake adequacy. Part V examines clinical nutrition, from assessments in the clinic setting through the many conditions that are likely to be presented in a medical practice.
New to this edition:
- More websites cited for accessing large data sets
- A complete chapter on food intake regulation
- Several chapters relating to the legal aspects of food (food law, food labeling)
- Additional focus on food sanitation and food safety
- Expanded coverage of drugs and nutrition
- Integration of major health issues with a significant number of new disease chapters, including nutrition and immune function, dental health, renal disease, brain function, frail elderly and hospitalized patients, and food addiction and obesity
- New chapters on nutrition and genetics, which include epigenetics and polymorphism–nutrient interactions
- Handbook of Nutrition and Food PDF Free Download,
- Handbook of Nutrition and Food Free Ebook,
- Handbook of Nutrition and Food PDF