Nonconvulsive Status Epilepticus PDF
The only comprehensive source of information on this frequently misdiagnosed problem, with information critical for physicians, ER and ICU doctors, and psychiatrists.
An under-recognized condition that can potentially cause brain damage and even death, nonconvulsive status epilepticus (NCSE) is an important clinical problem, occurring in about 25% of status epilepsy cases. Despite this prevalence, Nonconvulsive Status Epilepticus is the first comprehensive clinical text to cover its diagnosis and management.
The book progresses logically, beginning with chapters discussing the history and classification of NCSE, reflecting a contemporary understanding of developmental, syndromic, and clinical aspects. Following chapters discuss relevant epidemiology, electrophysiology, imaging and pathophysiology of NCSE, with supplementary sections devoted to psychiatric and behavioral aspects of NCSE and to the different diagnostic considerations of its frequently unusual behavioral presentations.
- An emphasis on diagnosis, management, and all pertinent clinical issues
- A heavily illustrated section on EEG interpretation in NCSE
- Contributions by the foremost international experts on NCSEThroughout, the book maintains a practical focus on recognizing the key signs and symptoms of this subtly presented and clinically challenging condition. This multidisciplinary volume will provide physicians, ER and ICU doctors, and psychiatrists with a comprehensive source of information and opinion on nonconvulsive status epilepticus.
- Nonconvulsive Status Epilepticus PDF Free Download,
- Nonconvulsive Status Epilepticus Free Ebook,
- Nonconvulsive Status Epilepticus PDF