The Encyclopedia of the Digestive System and Digestive Disorders 2nd Edition PDF
Praise for the previous edition:
“…recommended.”—American Reference Books Annual
“…timely…[the] readable, accessible style should appeal to all…authoritative…helpful…Recommended for consumer health collections, particularly in public libraries.”—Library Journal
According to the National Commission on Digestive Diseases, at least 60 to 70 million Americans suffer from digestive diseases each year, and as many as 10 to 15 percent of all inpatient hospitalizations are due to digestive diseases and disorders. The annual medical cost associated with digestive disease is estimated to be more than $100 billion.
The Encyclopedia of the Digestive System and Digestive Disorders, Second Edition is a one-stop guide to the gastrointestinal system and everything that can go wrong with it. Entries explain the organs of the digestive system and how they work, the digestive process, disorders and infectious diseases of the digestive system, and how to maintain good digestive health. This edition has been updated and expanded to include new techniques and technology used for diagnosing and treating digestive diseases, emerging issues in digestive medicine, and recent breakthroughs in understanding digestion and digestive diseases. Appendixes provide body mass index charts and directories of helpful agencies, associations, organizations, and Web sites.
Key topics include:
- Cancers of the digestive system
- Children and digestive diseases
- Common digestive ailments
- Crohn’s disease
- Diagnostic tests
- Food-borne illnesses
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Medications and treatments.
- The Encyclopedia of the Digestive System and Digestive Disorders 2nd Edition PDF Free Download,
- The Encyclopedia of the Digestive System and Digestive Disorders 2nd Edition Free Ebook,
- The Encyclopedia of the Digestive System and Digestive Disorders 2nd Edition PDF