Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology 13th Edition PDF Free Download
This book is a concise review of the medically important aspects of microbiology and immunology. It covers both the basic and clinical aspects of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and immunology. It also discusses important infectious diseases using an organ system approach. Its two major aims are (1) to assist those who are preparing for the USMLE (National Boards) and (2) to provide students who are currently taking medical microbiology courses with a brief and up-to-date source of information. The goal is to provide the reader with an accurate source of clinically relevant information at a level appropriate for those beginning their medical education. This new edition presents current, medically important information in the rapidly changing fields of microbiology and immunology.
It contains many color micrographs of stained microorganisms as well as images of important laboratory tests. It also includes many images of clinical lesions and highlights current information on antimicrobial drugs and vaccines. These aims are achieved by using several different formats, which should make the book useful to students with varying study objectives and learning styles:
1. A narrative text for complete information.
2. A separate section containing summaries of important microorganisms for rapid review of the high-yield essentials.
3. Sample questions in the USMLE (National Board) style, with answers provided after each group of questions.
4. A USMLE (National Board) practice examination consisting of 80 microbiology and immunology questions. The questions are written in a clinical case format and simulate the computer-based examination. Answers are provided at the end of each block of 40 questions.
5. Self-assessment questions at the end of the chapters so you can evaluate whether the important information has been mastered. Answers are provided.
6. Clinical case vignettes to provide both clinical information and practice for the USMLE.
7. A section titled “Pearls for the USMLE” describing important epidemiologic