Cardiotoxicity of Non-Cardiovascular Drugs PDF
Some drugs which are not aimed at treating heart disease havenevertheless been found to have profound effects on heart muscle.Cardiotoxicity is one of the major forms of toxicity seen in drugsand it accounts for most drug recalls and delays experienced inregulatory approvals.In recent years a number of non-cardiacblockbuster drugs such as terfenadine have been withdrawn frommajor markets because of cardiotoxicity concerns, while other drugshave either been withdrawn prior to marketing or required labellingchanges that significantly restricted their use.
In Cardiotoxicity of Non-Cardiovascular Drugsinternational experts describe the molecular mechanisms andclinical read-outs of cardiac events induced by a broad variety ofnoncardiovascular drugs. Particular emphasis is paid to thepreclinical screening of drug cardiotoxicity. Topics include:
- metabolic targets of cardiotoxicity
- regulatory aspects
- translating molecular mechanisms into clinical trials
- structure-activity relationships in arrhythmias byantihistamines and psychoactive drugs
- cardiovascular toxicity of antitumor drugs
- cardiovascular toxicities of non-steroidal anti-inflammatorydrugs
- cardiovascular toxicities of antiretroviral therapies
Cardiotoxicity of Non-Cardiovascular Drugs is anessential guide to this important area of drug development. It willfind a place on the bookshelves of researchers, regulators andstudents in medicinal chemistry, drug development, pharmacology,pharmacy and cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiotoxicity of Non-Cardiovascular Drugs PDF Free Download,
- Cardiotoxicity of Non-Cardiovascular Drugs Free Ebook,
- Cardiotoxicity of Non-Cardiovascular Drugs PDF