Diabetes Management in Primary Care 2nd Edition PDF
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Diabetes Management in Primary Care, 2nd Edition serves as an evidence-based guide for primary care physicians, residents, and medical students in managing patients with diabetes. This text covers all aspects of outpatient care for adults and adolescents with diabetes. You’ll find comprehensive coverage of the latest therapeutic, behavioral, and surgical options to successfully manage diabetic patients within the primary care setting.
Diabetes Management in Primary Care is based upon patient centered strategies and customized care. Whether the patient has prediabetes or advanced long-term complications such as retinopathy or chronic kidney disease, providers of all specialties and all levels of care will gain insight into safe, effective and rationale intensification of one’s care. Complex co-existing disorders such as cancer, severe clinical obesity, polycystic ovary syndrome, severe insulin resistance, hypoglycemia awareness autonomic failure, steroid induced hyperglycemia and sleep disorders are discussed in vibrant detail. Diabetes Management in Primary Care is the first medical text book to address many of the topics listed below. One of the most anticipated chapters discusses the importance of incorporating cultural diversity into one’s treatment plan.
New to this edition:
· Access to the companion website that includes the fully searchable text for quick reference
· ADA/IDF screening algorithms included to allow for faster determinations
· Discussion of new agents for Type II diabetes to keep you updated on the most recent therapies available, including new long acting basal insulin and incretin mimetics and drugs in the R and D pipeline.
· Questions that patients want answered including: “When will diabetes be cured?”
· Examination of the relationship between obesity, sleep disorder and diabetes
· Detailed discussion of the relationship between cancer and diabetes
· The importance of becoming a culturally diverse clinician
· The politics of diabetes management in the US
· Updated guidelines for the diagnosis and management of polycystic ovary syndrome
· Useful forms to streamline and document practice including: patient history, physical exam, complication surveillance, laboratory tests, and diabetes patient education
- Diabetes Management in Primary Care 2nd Edition PDF Free Download,
- Diabetes Management in Primary Care 2nd Edition Free Ebook,
- Diabetes Management in Primary Care 2nd Edition PDF