Herbs and Nutrients for Neurologic Disorders PDF Free Download
A guide to herbal and holistic medicine for brain health and neurologic disorders
• Provides detailed herbal, antioxidant, and nutritional strategies for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, stroke, migraine, and seizures
• Supported by scientific studies and years of successful clinical practice
• Discusses potential side effects, counter-indications, and the proper dosages to reduce symptoms, slow disease progression, and lessen the chances of recurrence
Numerous medical journals have published studies supporting the use of herbs and nutrients in the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders. Yet in practice most neurologists rarely include them as part of their protocols. In this practical guide, Sidney Kurn, M.D., and Sheryl Shook, Ph.D., explain how to safely and easily incorporate herbs, antioxidants, and nutritional supplements into the standard conventional treatments for 6 common neurologic disorders: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, stroke, migraine, and seizures.
For each condition, the authors provide detailed strategies supported by scientific evidence and years of successful clinical practice. They examine the biochemical role of each recommended herb, nutrient, or antioxidant and discuss potential side effects, counter-indications, and proper dosages to reduce symptoms, slow disease progression, and–in the case of stroke, migraine, and seizures–lessen the chances of recurrence. The authors explore the nutrient deficiencies and physiological mechanisms, including inflammation, heavy metal toxicity, and mitochondrial dysfunction, that can cause oxidative injuries and initiate neurologic disorders. They reveal which common substances, such as aspartame and glutamate, can trigger these mechanisms at the cellular level and recommend specific herbs and antioxidants, such as turmeric, cannabinoids, resveratrol, and N-acetyl cysteine, to counteract their effects. They discuss the importance of sleep to overall well-being, especially for those suffering from neurologic disorders, and offer tips to help ensure a good night’s sleep.
Integrating neuroscience, biochemistry, herbalism, and decades of clinical experience, the authors lay the scientific foundation for a holistic, naturopathic approach to neurologic disorders and a way to enhance the quality of life for those suffering from these conditions.
- Herbs and Nutrients for Neurologic Disorders PDF Free Download,
- Herbs and Nutrients for Neurologic Disorders Free Ebook,
- Herbs and Nutrients for Neurologic Disorders PDF