Neurobiology of Body Fluid Homeostasis PDF Free Download
A timely symposium entitled Body-Fluid Homeostasis: Transduction and Integration was held at Araraquara, São Paulo, Brazil in 2011. This meeting was convened as an official satellite of a joint gathering of the International Society for Autonomic Neuroscience (ISAN) and the American Autonomic Society (AAS) held in Buzios, Rio de Janeiro. Broad international participation at this event generated stimulating discussion among the invited speakers, leading to the publication of Neurobiology of Body Fluid Homeostasis: Transduction and Integration.
Drawn from the proceedings and filled with rich examples of integrative neurobiology and regulatory physiology, this volume:
- Provides updated research using human and animal models for the control of bodily fluids, thirst, and salt appetite
- Explores neural and endocrine control of body fluid balance, arterial pressure, thermoregulation, and ingestive behavior
- Discusses recent developments in molecular genetics, cell biology, and behavioral plasticity
- Reviews key aspects of brain serotonin and steroid and peptide control of fluid consumption and arterial pressure
The book highlights research conducted by leading scientists on signal transduction and sensory afferent mechanisms, molecular genetics, perinatal and adult long-term influences on regulation, central neural integrative circuitry, and autonomic/neuroendocrine effector systems. The findings discussed by the learned contributors are relevant for a basic understanding of disorders such as heat injury, hypertension, and excess salt intake. A unique reference on the neurobiology of body fluid homeostasis, this volume is certain to fuel additional research and stimulate further debate on the topic.
- Neurobiology of Body Fluid Homeostasis PDF Free Download,
- Neurobiology of Body Fluid Homeostasis Free Ebook,
- Neurobiology of Body Fluid Homeostasis PDF