Geriatric Physical Therapy PDF Free Download
Geriatric Physical Therapy offers a comprehensive presentation of geriatric physical therapy science and practice. Thoroughly revised and updated, editors Andrew Guccione, Rita Wong, and Dale Avers and their contributors provide current information on aging-related changes in function, the impact of these changes on patient examination and evaluation, and intervention approaches that maximize optimal aging. Chapters emphasize evidence-based content that clinicians can use throughout the patient management process. Six new chapters include: Exercise Prescription, Older Adults and Their Families, Impaired Joint Mobility, Impaired Motor Control, Home-based Service Delivery, and Hospice and End of Life. Clinically accurate and relevant while at the same time exploring theory and rationale for evidence-based practice, it’s perfect for students and practicing clinicians. It’s also an excellent study aid for the Geriatric Physical Therapy Specialization exam.
- Comprehensive coverage provides all the foundational knowledge needed for effective management of geriatric disorders.
- Content is written and reviewed by leading experts in the field to ensure information is authoritative, comprehensive, current, and clinically accurate.
- A highly readable writing style and consistent organization make it easy to understand difficult concepts.
- Tables and boxes organize and summarize important information and highlight key points for quick reference.
- A well-referenced and scientific approach provides the depth to understand processes and procedures.
- Theory mixed with real case examples show how concepts apply to practice and help you enhance clinical decision-making skills.
- Standard APTA terminology familiarizes you with terms used in practice.
- A new chapter, Exercise Prescription, highlights evidence-based exercise prescription and the role of physical activity and exercise on the aging process.
- A new chapter, Older Adults and Their Families, helps physical therapists understand the role spouses/partners and adult children can play in rehabilitation, from providing emotional support to assisting with exercise programs and other daily living activities.
- New chapters on Impaired Joint Mobility, Impaired Motor Control, Home-based Service Delivery, and Hospice and End of Life expand coverage of established and emerging topics in physical therapy.
- Incorporates two conceptual models: the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition, and the International Classification of Function, Disability, and Health (ICF) of the World Health Organization (WHO) with an emphasis on enabling function and enhancing participation rather than concentrating on dysfunction and disability
- A companion Evolve website includes all references linked to MEDLINE as well as helpful links to other relevant websites.
- Geriatric Physical Therapy PDF Free Download,
- Geriatric Physical Therapy Free Ebook,
- Geriatric Physical Therapy PDF