New Therapeutics for Traumatic Brain Injury PDF
New Therapeutics for Traumatic Brain Injury: Prevention of Secondary Brain Damage and Enhancement of Repair and Regeneration explores traumatic brain injury (TBI), a major cause of death and disability throughout the world. The delayed nature of the secondary injury phase suggests that there is a therapeutic window for pharmacological interventions or other approaches to prevent progressive tissue damage and improve functional outcomes. It is now apparent that therapeutic interventions should entail both protective and repair/regeneration strategies depending on the phase of brain injury.
This book describes emerging experimental strategies for the treatment of TBI, including new anti-inflammatory or anti-apoptotic therapeutics that limit brain damage, and novel or repurposed drugs that enhance repair or regeneration of the brain after injury.
- Comprehensive overview of basic approaches and translational development of new therapies for TBI
- Edited by a prominent TBI researcher that includes contributions by leading global researchers in the field
- Presents a great resource for researchers and practitioners to learn more about the many evolving preclinical studies and clinical trials currently underway, and the challenges of bringing translational studies in TBI to the clinic
- New Therapeutics for Traumatic Brain Injury PDF Free Download,
- New Therapeutics for Traumatic Brain Injury Free Ebook,
- New Therapeutics for Traumatic Brain Injury PDF