Dermatologic Principles and Practice in Oncology PDF
The first book focusing specifically on frequent andfrequently disabling side effects involving the skin, hair andnails in cancer patients
According to the World Health Organization, there are approximatelythirty million people living with a diagnosis of cancer – themajority of whom will receive surgery, systemic therapy, and/orradiation, and who will suffer from dermatologic adverse events.Dermatologists and oncologists are only beginning to grapple withthese events, which pose serious quality-of-life issues with somany patients, and will become more prevalent as survival ratesimprove, thanks in part to new cancer treatments and drugregimens.
Concentrating on a topic that has only been briefly touched upon byother texts, this book offers a focused perspective on the clinicalpresentation, underlying pathophysiologic mechanisms, andmanagement of skin, hair, and nail conditions for oncologists,dermatologists, and allied practitioners.
Dermatologic Principles and Practice in Oncology: Conditions ofthe Skin, Hair, and Nails in Cancer Patients:
• Covers in detail the dermatologic adverse events ofoncologic therapies, clinical presentations, and treatmentrecommendations
• Enables dermatologists and other practitioners tosignificantly improve the care of patients with cancer
• Addresses the dermatologic adverse events of cancertherapies used globally, of which a large number are found indeveloping countries
• Emphasizes prophylactic measures – based ontreatments used and type of cancer – to prevent theappearance of adverse events
• Provides built-in discussions on patient education forpractical counseling during therapies
• Offers rapid-reference sections on topical dermatologydrugs
The first book to present dermatologic conditions in cancerpatients and survivors in a uniform and in-depth manner,Dermatologic Principles and Practice in Oncology is idealfor oncologists, oncology nurses, and dermatologists who wish totake better care of those with adverse skin, hair, and nailconditions.
- Dermatologic Principles and Practice in Oncology PDF Free Download,
- Dermatologic Principles and Practice in Oncology Free Ebook,
- Dermatologic Principles and Practice in Oncology PDF