Biologics in Rheumatology PDF
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which inflammation plays a major role in causing joint problems. Warmth and swelling in the joints, along with significant stiffness and pain, can make daily life difficult. Many people with rheumatoid arthritis also experience fatigue, low-grade fever, loss of appetite, depression, and muscle aches.
In this, the third edition of Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tammi L. Shlotzhauer describes new findings about causes and treatments, including
• New research on risk factors and triggers, including pathologic bacteria in the digestive tract, smoking, and exposure to pollutants and chemicals
• Lifestyle and diet modifications that can help avoid potential triggers
• How stress contributes to inflammation and other symptoms
• Information about new biologic disease-modifying drugs
• Promising research on biomarkers that may generate a personalized approach to treatment
• Remarkable gains in reducing disability, hospitalizations, and surgeries
In addition to explaining the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for people who have rheumatoid arthritis, Dr. Shlotzhauer offers practical strategies for coping with the pain, fatigue, and emotional toll of a chronic illness. She provides new information on associated diseases such as osteoporosis, tips for finding safe and reliable information online, and information on how to get an accurate diagnosis.
- Biologics in Rheumatology PDF Free Download,
- Biologics in Rheumatology Free Ebook,
- Biologics in Rheumatology PDF