Multisensory Development PDF
Keep up with the latest on the highly respected multisensory teaching approach to literacy with this new fourth edition, a complete update of the bestselling textbook adopted in colleges and universities across the country. The most comprehensive text available on multisensory teaching, this book prepares today’s educators to use specific evidence-based approaches that improve struggling students’ language skills and academic outcomes in elementary through high school.
Educators will get rich background information on the systems and structures of the English language, plus a deep dive into the what and how of Structured Literacy Instruction. They’ll also find practical strategies and guidelines on all aspects of language and literacy instruction, including planning effective lessons, connecting research with practice, conducting and interpreting assessment, understanding the emotional side of learning disabilities, and more. An essential reference and professional development resource to keep and use for years to come, this book gets educators ready to be thoughtful, skilled, and compassionate teachers of reading and language arts.
- New chapters on pre-kindergarten literacy, executive function, and math learning disabilities
- Content now aligns with the 2018 IDA Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading and prepares students for the IDA certification exam
- Updated with the latest research in the field
- New insights and guidance on technology woven throughout the book
- Online companion materials and resources for many chapters
- More student-friendly features (see below)
SELECTED TOPICS COVERED: structured literacy instruction * oral language development * pre-k literacy * alphabet knowledge * phonemic awareness * decoding * spelling * handwriting * fluency * vocabulary instruction * reading comprehension * composition * assessment * executive function * math learning disabilities * effective learning environments * lesson planning * instruction for English language learners * instruction for older students and high-functioning adults
STUDENT-FRIENDLY FEATURES: Chapters now include learning objectives, an end-of-chapter Knowledge and Skill Assessment, reflection questions interspersed throughout, and new vignettes and case studies. The online companion materials feature sample lesson plans, answer keys, and other resources for further reading and reference.
- Multisensory Development PDF Free Download,
- Multisensory Development Free Ebook,
- Multisensory Development PDF