Neuroimaging of Pain PDF
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Ideal for anyone with an interest in the increasing role of brain imaging in understanding pain perception and pain mechanisms, this unique, full-color resource thoroughly covers technical advances in the field as well as potential new applications. Dozens of worldwide experts first demystify the technological concepts that are crucial for proper understanding and interpretation of neuroimaging findings, then explore new advances in understanding brain mechanisms of pain, in human as well as animal models.
- Covers key topics in the field, including the historical perspective, technology, animal pain neuroimaging, acute pain, neuroplasticity of chronic pain, chronic pain, pain modulation, ethical conflicts, and future directions
- Highlights strengths and weaknesses of specific neuroimaging techniques, and includes divergent views regarding outcomes and implications.
- Provides a short commentary from Dr. Apkarian, covering significant advances and unanswered questions.
- Ensures that both the experienced scientist and the general clinician will find the information they need to understand the current state of the field as well as potential future directions regarding the interaction between the brain and pain.
- Discusses both acute and various chronic pain conditions from a functional/physiological, structural/anatomical perspective, and evaluates the tools with which new therapies should be developed for properly treating and/or preventing pain states.
- Neuroimaging of Pain PDF Free Download,
- Neuroimaging of Pain Free Ebook,
- Neuroimaging of Pain PDF