The Epidemiology of Diabetes Mellitus PDF Free Download
The first edition of this book gained recognition as the definitivetextbook of diabetes epidemiology. The second edition builds onthis success, gathering recent information on international trendsand data for diabetes mellitus. In particular, the book highlightsthe dramatic rise of Type 2 diabetes in children, adolescents andthe elderly throughout the world. One new section featuresprevention and screening of both Type1 and Type 2 diabetes. Othernew chapters cover the epidemiology of obesity and the impact ofnutrition, and review available guidelines for better worldwideglycemic control. Future challenges, including the effects ofantipsychotic treatment and HIV infection and therapy on diabetes,are also addressed. All chapters have been completely revised andupdated, covering:
- definitions, classification and risk factors for diabetes
- new evidence for screening and prevention of Type 1 and Type 2diabetes
- epidemiology of complications and associated risk factors
- economic aspects: the direct and indirect costs ofdiabetes.
The Epidemiology of Diabetes Mellitus fills theneed for a current compendium of diabetes epidemiology in thetradition of the first monumental text of the late Kelly West. Itis essential reading for general practitioners, diabetologists,clinical endocrinologists, cardiologists, epidemiologists, nurses,dieticians, and other diabetes care providers, as well as healthcare decision makers.
- The Epidemiology of Diabetes Mellitus PDF Free Download,
- The Epidemiology of Diabetes Mellitus Free Ebook,
- The Epidemiology of Diabetes Mellitus PDF