Transdermal and Intradermal Delivery of Therapeutic Agents PDF Free Download
Skin, once thought to be an impenetrable barrier, is an extremely active organ capable of interacting with its environment. Advancements in science combined with the need for diverse drug delivery modalities have introduced a variety of transdermal and intradermal products for existing drugs at a fraction of the cost of new drug development. Commercialization of transdermal drug delivery requires technology from many disciplines beyond pharmaceutical sciences, such as polymer chemistry, adhesion sciences, mass transport, web film coating, printing, and medical technology.
A comprehensive discussion of these technologies and practices, Transdermal and Intradermal Delivery of Therapeutic Agents: Application of Physical Technologies covers:
- Commercial development of devices and products based on transdermal physical enhancement technologies
- Selecting optimal enhancement technology for a specific drug molecule using case studies
- Physicochemical properties and practical commercial considerations related to cost, unmet clinical needs, marketing, or intellectual property protection
- Technologies such as microneedles, iontophoresis, electroporation, and sonophoresis, with examples for delivery of small molecules, cosmeceuticals, proteins, and vaccines
- Practical information on experimental procedures and challenges related to skin irritation and safety issues
Up-to-date and accessible to researchers and industry experts, this book provides a comprehensive discussion of the physical approaches and practical considerations for the laboratory and marketplace.
- Transdermal and Intradermal Delivery of Therapeutic Agents PDF Free Download,
- Transdermal and Intradermal Delivery of Therapeutic Agents Free Ebook,
- Transdermal and Intradermal Delivery of Therapeutic Agents PDF