Biochemistry for Sport and Exercise Metabolism PDF Free Download
How do our muscles produce energy for exercise and what are theunderlying biochemical principles involved? These are questionsthat students need to be able to answer when studying for a numberof sport related degrees. This can prove to be a difficult task forthose with a relatively limited scientific background.Biochemistry for Sport and Exercise Metabolism addressesthis problem by placing the primary emphasis on sport, anddescribing the relevant biochemistry within this context.
The book opens with some basic information on the subject,including an overview of energy metabolism, some key aspects ofskeletal muscle structure and function, and some simple biochemicalconcepts. It continues by looking at the three macromolecules whichprovide energy and structure to skeletal muscle – carbohydrates,lipids, and protein. The last section moves beyond biochemistry toexamine key aspects of metabolism – the regulation of energyproduction and storage. Beginning with a chapter on basicprinciples of regulation of metabolism it continues by exploringhow metabolism is influenced during high-intensity, prolonged, andintermittent exercise by intensity, duration, and nutrition.
- A clearly written, well presented introduction to thebiochemistry of muscle metabolism.
- Focuses on sport to describe the relevant biochemistry withinthis context.
- In full colour throughout, it includes numerous illustrations,together with learning objectives and key points to reinforcelearning.
Biochemistry for Sport and Exercise Metabolism will proveinvaluable to students across a range of sport-related courses, whoneed to get to grips with how exercise mode, intensity, duration,training status and nutritional status can all affect theregulation of energy producing pathways and, more important, applythis understanding to develop training and nutrition programmes tomaximise athletic performance.
- Biochemistry for Sport and Exercise Metabolism PDF Free Download,
- Biochemistry for Sport and Exercise Metabolism Free Ebook,
- Biochemistry for Sport and Exercise Metabolism PDF