An Introduction to Mental Health Nursing PDF
This engaging new textbook provides a student focused introduction to the main issues and themes in mental health nursing. The book requires no previous knowledge and the content has been carefully chosen to reflect the most significant aspects of this important and rewarding area of nursing.
The book includes specific chapters on:
- Social inclusion and the Ten Essential Shared Capabilities.
- Mental health promotion
- Mental health at different stages of the life course
- Physical health issues in mental health settings
- Mental health law
- Therapeutic interventions, specifically Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and psychoanalytic/psychodynamic approaches
- The concept of recovery
Scenarios and exercises are used to demonstrate integration of theory and practice. These can be easily linked to your placement experience and overall learning and development. Readers are encouraged to develop an analytical and investigative approach to their studies.
Other important areas covered in the book include the National Service Framework (NSF) for Mental Health, the Care Programme Approach (CPA) and the Tidal Model of mental health nursing.
Introduction to Mental Health Nursing is the perfect introduction for all nursing students with an interest in a career in mental health nursing.
Contributors: Geoffrey Amoateng, Amanda Blackhall, Alyson Buck, David A. Hingley, Richard Khoo, Mark McGrath, Mary Northrop, Tim Schafer, Allen Senivassen, Julie Teatheredge, James Trueman, Henck Van- Bilsen, Steven Walker, Steve Wood.
- An Introduction to Mental Health Nursing PDF Free Download,
- An Introduction to Mental Health Nursing Free Ebook,
- An Introduction to Mental Health Nursing PDF