Brain Arteriovenous Malformations and Arteriovenous Fistulas PDF
With contributions from leading multidisciplinary experts, this book is a comprehensive compendium on state-of-the-art management of intracranial arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and arteriovenous fistulas (AVF). All major treatment approaches are encompassed including microsurgery, endovascular treatment, and radiosurgery.
The text begins with in-depth coverage of cerebrovascular anatomy susceptible to abnormalities, followed by pathogenesis, physiology, hemodynamics, natural history, clinical presentation, and indications for treatment of AVMs and AVFs. Throughout the book, internationally renowned experts provide clinical pearls and insights based on hand-on surgical expertise, case studies, and evidence-based data.
- Diagnosis and treatment of uncommon congenital syndromes including Wyburn-Mason syndrome and Parkes-Weber syndrome; and autosomal dominant genetic disorders such as Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (Osler-Weber-Rendu syndrome) and Capillary malformation/arteriovenous malformation (CM-AVM) syndrome.
- More than 300 high quality illustrations plus videos elucidate impacted cerebrovasculature and treatment modalities.
- The utilization of preoperative and postoperative imaging for AVM evaluation and intraoperative imaging for AVMs and AVFs.
- Surgical management of lobar AVMs, brain dural arteriovenous fistulas, cerebellar AVMs, basal ganglia, thalamic, and brainstem AVMs.
- Complications and controversies including hemorrhaging, inoperable malformations, pediatric cases, residual or recurrent AVMs, epilepsy, and seizures.
With step-by-step tutorials and classification systems for brain AVMs and fistulas, this is a must-have guide on cerebrovascular malformations. It will benefit trainee and experienced neurosurgeons alike.