Ophthalmology A Pocket Textbook Atlas 2nd Edition PDF
The authors’ constant interactions with medical students in the classroom, on the hospital ward, and in oral examinations ever since this pocket atlas first appeared in English 2001 have enabled them to update both the text and the illustrations for this new English edition. Like its predecessor, the 2nd edition provides a concise, thorough and up-to-date introduction to the field of ophthalmology. Medical students on ophthalmology rotations, as well as beginning residents, will find it an invaluable companion on the ward and a useful aid for test preparation. Fully trained physicians and other health professionals, too, will be able to use it for a self-taught refresher course in ophthalmology.
The special features of this book include:
- More than 500 clear, well-drawn illustrations and color photographs illustrating clinical findings, disease pathophysiology, and more
- Many new illustrations since the previous edition reflecting the latest developments in the field, particularly in the chapters on the retina and the cornea
- A new appendix containing correlations between clinical findings and the latest examining techniques, as well as a guide to visual field defects
- Comprehensive presentation of examining techniques
- An expanded glossary and a copiously illustrated table of important anatomical structures
- A convenient and comprehensive table of cardinal manifestations of disease with associated findings, probable diagnoses, and suggestions for diagnostic work-up
- Clearly and consistently organized chapters on all major diseases
Just as in the 1st edition, the individual chapters are organized to maximize their usefulness as a teaching tool:
- Each chapter begins with the relevant basic concepts in anatomy and physiology
- All diseases are consistently presented in accordance with clinical logic: first the symptoms, then the examination findings, then the diagnosis
- The diseases are both described in words and shown in didactically useful illustrations
Understand the entire field of ophthalmology with this compact, beautifully illustrated text!