Neurocritical Care Board Review 2nd Edition PDF : Questions and Answers
Updated and expanded second edition of the singular review source for neurocritical care boards, this book contains multiple-choice questions that cover the breadth of topics tested on the boards with answers and rationales for self-study. The book has been completely and thoroughly revised to reflect the requirements for initial certification or recertification in Neurocritical Care with the latest findings of the most recent clinical trials in vascular neurology, neurocritical care, and critical care medicine incorporated. Organized to reflect the training curriculum and exam blueprint, the second edition now contains 740 questions addressing both neuroscience critical care and general critical care core knowledge. Detailed explanations are provided for each question along with references for further study. Case questions with angiograms, EEG and monitoring waveforms, CT perfusion scans, and other images allow candidates to familiarize themselves with these tools that form a significant part of the exam.
This book is an excellent resource not only for board preparation but for topical review for residents and fellows from all disciplines of medicine rotating in the neurocritical care unit as it is easy to read, concise, and portable with case examples and imaging to further guide education. Trainees taking the surgical or medicine critical care boards will also find it useful as it covers the neurocritical care component of their board curriculums.
- Second edition of the first dedicated review book available for neurocritical care boards
- Over 90 entirely new questions added to ensure coverage of the full range of topics tested on boards and essential to training in neurocritical care
- Revised and updated questions, answers, and references to reflect current science and practice
- Comprehensive high-yield review of both neurological and general critical care topics
- New chapter on critical care EEG and more image-based case questions to augment learning
- Digital access to the ebook for review on any device