Virology Principles and Applications PDF
Virology: Principles and Applications is a clear and accessible introduction to this fast-moving field, providing a comprehensive resource enabling the reader to understand the key concepts surrounding this exciting subject. The reader is introduced to the principles of virus structure, replication and genetics, along with the theories behind the origins of viruses and how they are evolving. Taking a modern approach to the subject, the relevance of virology to everyday life is clearly emphasized and discussions of emerging viruses, cancer, vaccines, anti-viral drugs and gene vectors are included. To enhance student understanding, learning outcomes, sources of further information and ?at-a-glance? sections are integrated into in each chapter, reinforcing key concepts.
Illustrated in full color throughout, extensive use is made of clear diagrams that include standard color coding for different types of molecule, enabling students to grasp difficult concepts and deal with the level of detail in the subject.
An invaluable text for students of biology, microbiology, molecular biology and biomedical sciences taking courses in virology. The book is also a useful resource for MSc level students looking for an accessible introduction to the subject.
- a student-friendly introduction to the fast-moving subject of virology
- introduces the relevance of virology to the modern world including latest developments in the field
- looks at topical viruses such as HIV and influenza virus
- illustrated in full color throughout with diagrams labeled clearly to enhance student understanding
- provides a comprehensive Virologists? Vocabulary
- The companion web site www.wiley.com/go/carter provides self-assessment questions and answers, additional reference sources and links to various virology web sites