Fast and Easy ECGs A Self-Paced Learning Program 2nd Edition PDF Free Download
Structure of the Second Edition The second edition is divided into five sections:
• Section 1, Preparatory, looks at the underlying concepts of the anatomy and electrophysiology of the heart and the electrocardiogram itself.
• Section 2, The Nine-Step Process, comprises Chapters 3 through 9 and presents the nine-step process of ECG interpretation. Each chapter provides an in-depth look at one of the steps and introduces the reader to the variances seen with that step.
• Section 3, Origin and Clinical Aspects of Dysrhythmias, comprises Chapters 10 through 16 and leads readers through a thorough discussion regarding dysrhythmias. The section covers the origin of dysrhythmias, including the sinus node, the atria, the atrioventricular junction, the ventricles, atrioventricular heart blocks, and pacemakers. And it covers the clinical aspects of each dysrhythmia.
• Section 4, 12-Lead ECGs, introduces the concept of 12-lead ECGs in Chapter 17. Then Chapters 18 through 21 cover interpretation and recognition of atrial enlargement and ventricular hypertrophy, bundle branch block, myocardial injury, ischemia and infarction, and a host of other cardiac conditions and their effect on the ECG.
• Section 5, Review and Assessment, wraps it all up with the chapter “Putting It All Together” and more practice tracings.