School Programs in Speech-Language Pathology 6th Edition PDF: Organization and Delivery
Now in its sixth edition, School Programs in Speech-Language Pathology: Organization and Service Delivery continues to be a vital resource for faculty, graduate students, school-based practitioners, and program administrators who strive to make a difference in the school setting.
School Programs in Speech-Language Pathology is designed to provide both new and experienced practitioners with practical solutions and strategies to tackle the challenges they face in the complex and ever-changing world of schools. It is one of only a few resources that focuses on service delivery as opposed to assessment and treatment.
The authors view the book as an excellent opportunity to stimulate new ways of thinking about the critical role SLPs play in children’s education and social development. It provides a foundation for understanding where SLP programs fit within the school organization. SLPs will be motivated to collaborate with colleagues, lead discussions about the link between communication and learning, and introduce innovative models for delivering services. School Programs encourages SLPs to embrace their positions within the school team and share their knowledge with others to make services educationally relevant and to help children reach their highest potential.
School Programs in Speech-Language Pathology focuses on service delivery, program design, interprofessional collaboration, and how to organize and manage an effective program. Additionally, this resource covers meeting state and national standards, following federal mandates, and how to relate to and communicate with colleagues and parents. Finally, it encourages readers to grow professionally and enjoy their career as a school-based SLP.
- Chapter questions provide a review of concepts and practical applications
- Real-life examples and collaborative strategies to supplement chapter concepts
- Usable forms and checklists
New to This Edition:
- New framework for thinking about outcomes for school-based programs
- Designed for university instruction
- Chapter learning outcomes
- Sample exam questions for summative measures
- New PluralPlus companion site with chapter PowerPoints
- Explanation of the SLP’s role in MTSS and contributions to student success
- Expanded recommendations for building interprofessional collaborative partnerships
- Tips for coaching teachers and parents
- Updated information on legal policies and trends