Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis PDF Free Download
ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, cannot be cured but it can be treated. A great deal can be done to treat the symptoms of ALS, to improve an individual’s quality of life, and to help families, caregivers, and loved ones to cope with the disease. This extensively revised and rewritten new edition of the bestselling Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: A Guide For Patients and Families addresses all of those needs, and brings up-to-date important information to those living with the reality of ALS.
The book is completely revised throughout and contains NEW information on:
- Recently developed approaches to treating ALS symptoms
- Use of non-invasive ventilators
- Multidisciplinary team care
- New guidelines being developed by the American Academy of Neurology for patients with ALS
- The use of riluzole (Rilutek) to treat ALS
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis covers every aspect of the management of ALS, from clinical features of the disease, to diagnosis, to an overview of symptom management. Major sections deal with medical and rehabilitative management, living with ALS, managing advanced disease, end-of-life issues, and resources that can provide support and assistance in this time of need.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis PDF Free Download,
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Free Ebook,
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis PDF