Antibacterial Agents 1st Edition PDF Free Download
Antibiotic Basics for Clinicians, Second Edition, shows you how to apply your knowledge of pharmacology and microbiology in order to select the appropriate antibiotic. Rather than rely on rote memorization, you’ll learn the underlying rationale for treatment of common infectious diseases and pathogens. The text focuses on antibacterial agents, examining individual antibiotics and antibiotic classes as well as definitive and empiric therapies—providing a framework for prescription and clinical preparation for students training to be physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacologists, or medical technologists. Clinicians also rely on Antibiotic Basics for quick reference or review.
The Second Edition includes current research and new approaches to emerging resistant organisms such as community-acquired, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase-producing bacteria. In addition, the book has been updated to reflect changes in treatment guidelines, including new guidelines for Clostridium difficile colitis and urinary tract infections.
Special features help you “think like a clinician”:
- Illustrations help you understand how antibiotics fight against bacterial infections.
- Mnemonics throughout the text make it easier to remember which antibiotics are prescribed for specific pathogens.
- Searchable online version of the text takes you to the content you need from any web-enabled device.
- Case studies demonstrate how the principles set forth in the text are applied in clinical practice.
- Questions and answers improve your ability to choose the right antibacterial agent.
- Appendices include dosing for adults and children, use of antibacterial agents in pregnancy, and treatment of bioterrorism agents.
- Antibacterial Agents 1st Edition PDF Free Download,
- Antibacterial Agents 1st Edition Free Ebook,
- Antibacterial Agents 1st Edition PDF