Developing a Safety and Health Program 2nd Edition PDF Free Download
Reflecting changes in the field during the ten years since the publication of the first edition, Developing a Safety and Health Program, Second Edition examines the elements of a safety and health program and delineates how to incorporate them into an organization’s safety efforts. It begins by defining safety policy and providing an overview of OSHA and other regulatory agencies. It covers hazard communication safety training and describes how to write material safety data sheets, how to maintain a good fire loss control program, and procedures for developing an emergency response plan.
The Second Edition includes:
- Changes all companies must make to be proactive in their security in the wake of 9/11 and the creation of the department of homeland security
- Additional coverage of labels, signs, and placards; the national incident management system; and homeland security
- Updated information on safety, hazardous materials management, and accident investigation
- New information on fire loss control programs, emergency response plans, and personal protective equipment
- Changes in regulations and standards within the safety, health, and environmental management industry
- Discussion of how advanced management concepts such as participated management can improve preventative programs and decrease the risk of cumulative trauma disorders
The book discusses how to reduce equipment-related injuries through more advanced lockout/tagout procedures and safety checklists to ensure that everything is covered. The author addresses the special considerations important in planning for disasters and terrorist attacks. He provides the basic knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, and other regulations needed to assist and define what an enterprise must have when developing a program with the different elements of safety. Each chapter contains questions to test comprehension of the material.
An ongoing safety and health program can assist a plant in preventing huge losses, including physical damage and loss of productivity. The pressure to effect these changes has increased in light of the current emphasis on risk management and OHSA’s willingness to penalize various enterprises for safety violations. Unlike other books on this topic, this one goes into the nitty gritty details, with thorough explanations of how to implement a program and the key components needed whether updating an existing program or constructing a new one.
- Developing a Safety and Health Program 2nd Edition PDF Free Download,
- Developing a Safety and Health Program 2nd Edition Free Ebook,
- Developing a Safety and Health Program 2nd Edition PDF