Endocrine Disruptors in the Environment PDF Free Download
A concise and engaging overview of endocrine disruptionphenomena that brings complex concepts within the reach ofnon-specialists
For most of the last decade, the science of endocrine disruptionhas evolved with more definitive evidence of its damaging potentialto health and environment. This book lists the major environmentalchemicals of concern and their mechanism of endocrine disruptionincluding remedial measures for them.
Divided into three parts, Endocrine Disruptors in theEnvironment begins with an overview of the endocrine system andendocrine disruptors, discussing their salient features andpresenting a historical perspective of endocrine disruptionphenomena. It then goes on to cover hormone-signaling mechanisms,followed by various broad classes of putative endocrine disruptors,before introducing readers to environmental epigeneticmodifications. Part two of the book focuses on removal processes ofvarious EDCs by biotic and abiotic transformation/degradation. Thelast section consists of four chapters embracing themes on findingsolutions to environmental EDCs—including their detection,regulation, replacement, and remediation.
Endocrine Disruptors in the Environment is the first bookto detail the endocrine effects of several known environmentalcontaminants and their mechanism of endocrine disruption.Additionally, it:
- Covers both the chemistry and biology of endocrine disruptionand compiles almost all the known endocrine disruptingenvironmental chemicals and their mechanisms of toxicity
- Addresses policy and regulatory issues relevant to EDCsincluding scientific uncertainty and precautionary policy
- Brings forth the use of Green Chemistry principles in avoidingendocrine disruption in the designing and screening for saferchemicals and remediation of the EDCs in aquatic environment
- Includes a useful glossary of technical terms, a list ofacronyms, topical references, and a subject index
Endocrine Disruptors in the Environment is an ideal bookfor environmental chemists and endocrine toxicologists,developmental biologists, endocrinologists, epidemiologists,environmental health scientists and advocates, and regulatoryofficials tasked with risk assessment in environment and healthareas.
- Endocrine Disruptors in the Environment PDF Free Download,
- Endocrine Disruptors in the Environment Free Ebook,
- Endocrine Disruptors in the Environment PDF