Health Promotion in Disease Outbreaks and Health Emergencies PDF Free Download
The book is exceptionally timely and will be of interest to many professionals, students and academics. I am not aware of any other book that covers this important topic. Glenn Laverack brings credibility and kudos having direct experience of health emergencies and seen as a leading academic thinker in health promotion.
Dr James Woodall, Reader in Health Promotion, Leeds Beckett University
Using specific examples to illustrate broader concepts, this text provides a solid introduction to health promotion in infectious disease outbreaks.
Ella Watson-Stryker, Health Promotion Manager, Médecins Sans Frontières
This book is timely given the current humanitarian and development scenarios in which health promoters and development communicators must work. There is a dire need for reference materials for practitioners which expand upon theoretical/scientific concepts and principles and provide practical, straightforward guidance to professionals working in the field. The increasing amount of public health emergencies, e.g. SARS, Ebola, Zika etc. require professionals to increase their preparedness to respond in outbreak or disaster situations and this book becomes a useful tool for needed action.
Dr Erma Manoncourt, Vice-President of Membership and Co-Chair Global Working Group on the Social Determinants of Health, IUHPE, Paris, France.
This is the first ever practical guide to the valuable role that health promotion can play in disease outbreaks and health emergencies. Over the past 20 years the number of disease outbreaks has increased alongside a significant role played out by international agencies involved in emergency responses.
The book comprehensively covers the role that health promoters have in this new and exciting field of international work including data collection, communication, community capacity building and engagement and rumour management.
- Part 1 provides a detailed overview of the role of health promotion in disease outbreaks and health emergencies.
- Part 2 directly addresses the role of health promotion in two distinct types of disease outbreaks: person to person and vector borne disease transmission.
- Part 3 covers the role of health promotion in specialist areas of work in disease outbreaks and health emergencies.
Health Promotion in Disease Outbreaks and Health Emergencies is essential reading for health promotion and public health students worldwide, as well as for UN agencies and international NGOs working in this emerging field.
- Health Promotion in Disease Outbreaks and Health Emergencies PDF Free Download,
- Health Promotion in Disease Outbreaks and Health Emergencies Free Ebook,
- Health Promotion in Disease Outbreaks and Health Emergencies PDF