Hypothermia Frostbite and Other Cold Injuries PDF Free Download
* A vital resource for search and rescue professionals and physicians as well as outdoor enthusiasts
* Includes new chapters to cover cold injuries and strategies for survival that weren’t in the previous edition
Hikers, skiers, climbers, hunters, fishermen, bicyclists, and lost children — all are potentially at risk of hypothermia or other cold injuries including frostbite and trenchfoot. Cold water immersion is also a major cause of death in boating accidents. Yet as shown in anecdotes from the updated second edition of Hypothermia, Frostbite, and Other Cold Injuries, many people have died unnecessarily, succumbing to cold effects long before hypothermia sets in.
This compact, comprehensive book covers the causes and effects of hypothermia and other cold injuries, and tells how to prevent, recognize, and treat them. Included is coverage of how the body loses heat and the latest rewarming techniques such as thermal wraps. This edition has added chapters on cold water drowning and covers additional cold injuries from Raynaud’s phenomenon to cold-induced asthma. You’ll also find strategies for cold-weather survival, plus safe practices for working on the ice and ice water escape and rescue techniques.
- Hypothermia Frostbite and Other Cold Injuries PDF Free Download,
- Hypothermia Frostbite and Other Cold Injuries Free Ebook,
- Hypothermia Frostbite and Other Cold Injuries PDF