An Introduction to X-Ray Physics Optics and Applications PDF Free Download
In this book, Carolyn A. MacDonald provides a comprehensive introduction to the physics of a wide range of x-ray applications, optics, and analysis tools. Theory is applied to practical considerations of optics and applications ranging from astronomy to medical imaging and materials analysis.
Emphasizing common physical concepts that underpin diverse phenomena and applications of x-ray physics, the book opens with a look at nuclear medicine, motivating further investigations into scattering, detection, and noise statistics. The second section explores topics in x-ray generation, including characteristic emission, x-ray fluorescence analysis, bremsstrahlung emission, and synchrotron and laser sources. The third section details the main forms of interaction, including the physics of photoelectric absorption, coherent and Compton scattering, diffraction, and refractive, reflective, and diffractive optics. Applications in this section include x-ray spectroscopy, crystallography, and dose and contrast in radiography. A bibliography is included at the end of every chapter, and solutions to chapter problems are provided in the appendix.
Based on a course for advanced undergraduates and graduate students in physics and related sciences and also intended for researchers, An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, and Applications offers a thorough survey of the physics of x-ray generation and of interaction with materials.
- Common aspects of diverse phenomena emphasized
- Theoretical development tied to practical applications
- Suitable for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in physics or related sciences, as well as researchers
- Examples and problems include applications drawn from medicine, astronomy, and materials analysis
- Detailed solutions are provided for all examples and problems
- An Introduction to X-Ray Physics Optics and Applications PDF Free Download,
- An Introduction to X-Ray Physics Optics and Applications Free Ebook,
- An Introduction to X-Ray Physics Optics and Applications PDF