Laser in Ophthalmology 1st Edition PDF Free Download
The femtosecond laser has emerged as a groundbreaking game-changer in ophthalmic surgery. It was first introduced for corneal refractive surgery in flap creation during LASIK, and subsequently for cataract surgery in 2008. The femtosecond laser cuts deeply on a single plane without collateral damage. Its high precision and safety result in excellent outcomes in the hands of experienced eye surgeons, benefiting virtually everyone.
Femtosecond Laser Surgery in Ophthalmology fills an unmet need for a comprehensive, up-to-date resource on growing applications of this state-of-the-art technology. H Burkhard Dick is a world-renowned pioneer who has performed more than 6,000 laser cataract operations. Readers will benefit from his keen insights along with the collective expertise of co-authors Tim Schultz, Ronald D. Gerste, and a cadre of top-notch contributors. Twenty-nine chapters encompass basic physics, refractive and therapeutic cornea treatment, various aspects of laser cataract surgery, and patient selection.
- Clinical pearls, outcomes, and complications management in femtosecond laser-assisted in situkeratomileusis surgery
- Discussion of crucial steps including capsulotomy, lens fragmentation, and corneal incisions
- The use of the femtosecond laser for presbyopia, pediatric cataract surgery, and ocular comorbidities
- Extensive videos posted in the Thieme MediaCenter further elucidate techniques
- More than 300 high quality illustrations and photos add a rich visual dimension
This practical book provides in-depth knowledge on the applications of femtosecond laser surgery, enabling cataract and refractive surgeons to incorporate these techniques into daily practice. Ophthalmologists and ophthalmology fellows and residents will discover an invaluable resource for specialized training.
- Laser in Ophthalmology 1st Edition PDF Free Download,
- Laser in Ophthalmology 1st Edition Free Ebook,
- Laser in Ophthalmology 1st Edition PDF