Medical Sciences at a Glance PDF Free Download
Medical Statistics at a Glance is a concise and accessible introduction and revision aid for this complex subject. The self-contained chapters explain the underlying concepts of medical statistics and provide a guide to the most commonly used statistical procedures.
This new edition of Medical Statistics at a Glance:
- Presents key facts accompanied by clear and informative tables and diagrams
- Focuses on illustrative examples which show statistics in action, with an emphasis on the interpretation of computer data analysis rather than complex hand calculations
- Includes extensive cross-referencing, a comprehensive glossary of terms and flow-charts to make it easier to choose appropriate tests
- Now provides the learning objectives for each chapter
- Includes a new chapter on Developing Prognostic Scores
- Includes new or expanded material on study management, multi-centre studies, sequential trials, bias and different methods to remove confounding in observational studies, multiple comparisons, ROC curves and checking assumptions in a logistic regression analysis
- The companion website at www.medstatsaag.com contains supplementary material including an extensive reference list and multiple choice questions (MCQs) with interactive answers for self-assessment.
Medical Statistics at a Glance will appeal to all medical students, junior doctors and researchers in biomedical and pharmaceutical disciplines.
Reviews of the previous editions
“The more familiar I have become with this book, the more I appreciate the clear presentation and unthreatening prose. It is now a valuable companion to my formal statistics course.”
–International Journal of Epidemiology
“I heartily recommend it, especially to first years, but it’s equally appropriate for an intercalated BSc or Postgraduate research. If statistics give you headaches – buy it. If statistics are all you think about – buy it.”
“…I unreservedly recommend this book to all medical students, especially those that dislike reading reams of text. This is one book that will not sit on your shelf collecting dust once you have graduated and will also function as a reference book.”
–4th Year Medical Student, Barts and the London Chronicle, Spring 2003
- Medical Sciences at a Glance PDF Free Download,
- Medical Sciences at a Glance Free Ebook,
- Medical Sciences at a Glance PDF