Nursing Leadership from the Outside In PDF Free Download
Awarded second place in the 2013 AJN Book of the Year Awards in the History and Pubic Policy category.
With the goal of advancing quality health care, this innovative text moves beyond the often insular world of nurse leadership values to offer the perspectives of leaders in other health care disciplines that interface with nurses. These professionals describe and analyze their interactions with nurse leaders regarding their role in quality health care delivery, patient safety, health care reform, and partnering outside the profession, along with suggested improvements.
The book will enable nurse leaders to clarify strengths and opportunities for growth and to develop strategies for effective collaborations that are necessary for advancing and transforming our health care system. Each chapter is written by an accomplished health care leader outside the nursing profession, and follows a consistent format that includes definitions of leadership, best and worst professional experience with nurse leaders (in terms of strategic vision, risk-taking, creativity, interpersonal and communication effectiveness, inspiring change and self-knowledge), lessons learned, and implications for leaders within and outside nursing.
- Offers unique views of nursing leadership from healthcare professionals in other arenas
- Discusses strengths and weaknesses of nurse leaders and leadership values for inter-professional collaboration
- Reflects the Robert Wood Johnson Executive Nurse fellowship values for excellence
- Promotes inter-professional strategies to advance health care reform on a national level
- Designed for use in graduate nursing leadership courses including DNP
- Nursing Leadership from the Outside In PDF Free Download,
- Nursing Leadership from the Outside In Free Ebook,
- Nursing Leadership from the Outside In PDF