Patient Assessment Tutorials 2nd Edition PDF Free Download
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
This updated 4th Edition of Jill Gehrig’s highly visual, step-by-step guide takes dental hygienists-in-training through the process of patient assessment, emphasizing both the actual physical assessment and the human interaction involved.The 4th Edition includes four chapters on communication (including an all-new motivational interviewing chapter), as well as unique Human Element sections that include real-life experiences shared by patients, students, and clinicians.
Enhanced by case studies, student learning aids, videos, and a new audio glossary, Patient Assessment Tutorials provides students with everything they need to succeed in the course and their future careers as dental hygienists.
- An all-new motivational interviewing chapter in Part 1 helps students build skills in a collaborative form of communication designed to elicit and strengthen motivation for behavioral change.
- New coverage on communicating with patients with special needs, such as autism, Asperger’s, and Down Syndrome, enhances student skills.
- Online student resources, including video clips, a new audio glossary, and suggested Internet sites, bring concepts and techniques to life.
- A new Audio Glossary is ideal for mastering the vocabulary of dental hygiene on the go, and especially helpful when English is a second language.
- Module Overviews and Outlineswith Learning Objectives make information easier to locate, provide an organizational framework, and assist students in recognizing and studying important concepts.
- Peak Procedures sections provide a straightforward, step-by-step guide for practicing and perfecting assessment techniques in a self-instructional format that fosters autonomy and decision-making skills.
- Ready References provide quick access to important information and can be removed from the book, laminated or placed in plastic page protectors, and assembled in a notebook for use in clinical settings.
- The Human Element sections include real-life experiences shared by students, patients, and experienced clinicians to help students understand the clinical relevance of chapter topics.
- Progressive Case Studies that reveal assessment information as students move through the book encourage students to interpret the findings, relate them to previous information, and make decisions about patient care.
- Skill Checks allow students to evaluate their strengths and limitations in performing assessment procedures.
- Key Terminology is highlighted in bold type, clearly defined, and then gathered together into a comprehensive Glossary at the back of the book.
- Comprehensive Patient Case Studies in the final module present patient assessment data and challenge students to interpret and use the assessment information in patient care planning.
- Detailed, full-color illustrations and photographs visually guide students through procedures and techniques.
- Patient Assessment Tutorials 2nd Edition PDF Free Download,
- Patient Assessment Tutorials 2nd Edition Free Ebook,
- Patient Assessment Tutorials 2nd Edition PDF