Physical Activity Exercise Sedentary Behavior and Health PDF Free Download
Written for the upper-level undergraduate and graduate-level courses in exercise psychology and behavioral physical activity, Exercise Psychology: Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior focuses on the psychological effects of physical activity in a diverse array of populations. It emphasizes how physical activity needs to be paired with a reduction in sedentary behavior in order to achieve overall health.
The first text of its kind to focus on both the psychology of exercise and sedentary behavior, it provides readers with the latest research in both areas, including coverage of sleep, pain, and delayed gratification. This text also applies a critical lens to foundational theories and incorporates applications and interventions throughout. With an engaging, student-friendly approach, the authors provide complete and comprehensive information that examines research on behavioral physical activity and translating research into practice.
• Unique in its approach, the text covers both the psychology of exercise and sedentary behavior representing a paradigm shift in the field
• Includes the most robust coverage on theoretical models, as well as the latest on psychological and environmental effects
• Learning Objectives, at the beginning of each chapter, clearly define the key concepts and focus the reader in their learning and engagement of the content
• A real-world Vignette opens each chapter and depicts how a person might encounter the main topic discussed in the chapter and its impact on their health
• Applying the Concept sections, at the end of the chapter, provide readers with the opportunity to apply the knowledge gained in the chapter to the real world scenario depicted in the Vignettes
• Critical Thinking Activities are included throughout each chapter to present opportunities for the reader to challenge and delve deeper in the theories, concepts, and research presented
• Review Questions at the end of each chapter allow readers to evaluate the achievement of the objectives outlined at the start of the chapter
- Physical Activity Exercise Sedentary Behavior and Health PDF Free Download,
- Physical Activity Exercise Sedentary Behavior and Health Free Ebook,
- Physical Activity Exercise Sedentary Behavior and Health PDF