Radiation Oncology in Palliative Cancer Care PDF Free Download
“This textbook, Radiation Oncology inPalliative Cancer Care, represents the full evolution ofradiation therapy, and of oncology in general. ( … ) [It] isan acknowledgment that palliative radiotherapy is now asub-specialty of radiation oncology. This formally makes palliativeradiotherapy a priority within patient care, academic research,quality assurance, and medical education.” – Fromthe Foreword by Nora Janjan, MD, MPSA, MBA, National Center forPolicy Analysis, Dallas, TX, USA
Palliative Medicine is the professional medical practice ofprevention and relief of suffering and the support of the bestpossible quality of life for patients and their families,regardless of the stage of the disease or the need for othertherapies. The most common cause for palliative care referral isterminal cancer, and a large proportion of those referrals includepatients who will need palliative radiotherapy during the course oftheir disease. Still, there are barriers to coordinated carebetween radiation oncologists and palliative care physicians thatdiffer from one country to another. Until now, one overarchinglimitation to appropriate concurrent care between the specialtiesacross all countries has been the lack of a comprehensive yetconcise reference resource that educates each of the specialtiesabout the potential synergistic effects of their cooperation. Thisbook fills that void.
Radiation Oncology in Palliative Cancer Care:
- Is the first book-length treatment of this important topicavailable on the market
- Is authored by world-renowned experts in radiation oncology andpalliative medicine
- Uses a multidisciplinary approach to content and patienttreatment
- Features decision trees for palliative radiotherapy based uponfactors such as patient performance status and prognosis
- Pays careful attention to current best practices andcontroversies in the delivery of end-of-life cancer care
This book is an important resource for practicing radiationoncologists and radiation oncologists in training, as well ashospice and palliative medicine physicians and nurses, medicaloncologists, and geriatricians.
- Radiation Oncology in Palliative Cancer Care PDF Free Download,
- Radiation Oncology in Palliative Cancer Care Free Ebook,
- Radiation Oncology in Palliative Cancer Care PDF