Sex Differences in Sports Medicine PDF Free Download
This is the first book dedicated to the musculoskeletal, physiological, hormonal, and other differences between the sexes as they manifest in sports medicine. Organized anatomically from head to toe, this unique reference focuses on the sex-specific differences of men and women to inform clinical care and the management of common sports injuries. Other chapters cover nutrition, hormones, concussion, pain, sports cardiology and pulmonology, and the particular care of adolescent and geriatric patients. The editors have assembled a world-class team of specialists to collaborate on each chapter, and specially commissioned illustrations and tables help visualize the data and findings.
While some books focus on ‚Äúthe female athlete‚Äù as a discrete category, this book discusses how the many physical stresses of athletics affect both sexes based on the inherent biological differences. The goal is to foster a more comprehensive understanding of the latest research and practice in sports medicine as it applies to all patients. As the field of sports medicine has grown exponentially over the last few decades, this book will serve as an essential resource for physicians, trainers, coaches, and anyone involved in athletics and medicine.
- Provides an evidence-based review of how sex differences affect the risk of injury, presentation, and clinical course of sports-related injuries
- Anatomically based chapters highlight differences in static structures, dynamic movement, and pathology between the sexes
- Authors summarize key differences at the end of each chapter
- Includes special chapters on running and throwing, sports cardiology, sports pulmonology, nutrition, and unique athlete populations
- Sex Differences in Sports Medicine PDF Free Download,
- Sex Differences in Sports Medicine Free Ebook,
- Sex Differences in Sports Medicine PDF