The Sports Injuries Handbook PDF Free Download
|Author||Allan M. Levy|
|File size||9.7 MB|
- Which exercises cause unnecessary wear and tear on your body?
- What to do during the first critical few seconds following a sports injury?
- When an off-the-rack arch support can be as effective as a $200 custom-made orthotic device?
- How to keep in condition during rehabilitation?
Dr. Allan Levy knows. As team doctor for the New York Giants football team he has treated every kind of sports injury there is from strains and sprains to more serious tears and fractures. In Sports Injury Handbook he shares his vast practical knowledge of sports medicine with recreational athletes who want to keep in shape while minimizing aches pains and injuries. For ease of use the main part of the guide is organized by body part and sport. To find out why for example your knee is sore and how to treat it simply turn to the knee chapter. Then learn how to avoid further risk of knee injuries in sports-specific chapters on aerobics jogging tennis skiing basketball and many more. Peppered with firsthand stories and anecdotes from professional sports the Sports Injury Handbook is an entertaining informative guide to the latest methods of injury prevention and treatment. In it you’ll discover:
- The conditioning nutrition and strength training techniques professional athletes use to stay in top physical shape
- Easy step-by-step rehabilitative exercises you can perform at home
- Special precautions for women children and older athletes
- How to prevent or treat the most common injuries in more than two dozen sports including aerobics baseball basketball bowling boxing cycling football golf gymnastics hockey running skiing soccer swimming tennis triathlon volleyball walking and wrestling
The Sports Injuries Handbook PDF The Sports Injuries Handbook PDF Free Download The Sports Injuries Handbook PDF Ebook